Version 2 of the Cochrane risk-of-bias tool for randomized trials (RoB 2) is the recommended tool to assess the risk of bias in randomized trials included in Cochrane Reviews. RoB 2 is structured into a fixed set of domains of bias, focussing on different aspects of trial design, conduct, and reporting. Within each domain, a series of questions (‘signaling questions’) aim to elicit information about features of the trial that are relevant to risk of bias. A proposed judgment about the risk of bias arising from each domain is generated by an algorithm, based on answers to the signaling questions. Judgment can be ‘Low’ or ‘High’ risk of bias, or can express ‘Some concerns’. Research in the field has progression and RoB 2 reflects current understanding of how the causes of bias can influence study results, and the most appropriate ways to assess this risk. However, there is limited training on the use of RoB 2. Therefore, this symposium is intended to focus on RoB 2.
The aim of this workshop is for increasing the understanding in terms of RoB 2 and the practice of using RoB 2. At the end, participants are expected to understand RoB 2 and are able to perform bias assessment using RoB 2.
- ChocATT exercise
- ROB2 Introduction
- Domain 1 : Bias arising from the randomization process
- Domain 2 : Bias due to deviations from intended interventions
- Domain 3 : Bias due to missing outcome data
- Domain 4 : Bias in the measurements of outcome
- Domain 5 : Bias in selection of the reported results
- Overall risk of bias
- Small group exercise
Any clinician, lecturer, or student who are interested in systematic review and intent to dive deeper into the use of RoB 2 are welcomed. Note that this workshop has limited seats.
The workshop is conducted by internationally recognised Cochrane Trainers
- Prof Jacqueline J Ho, Co-Director of Cochrane Malaysia
- dr Tan May Loong. Co-Director of Cochrane Malaysia
- dr Detty Siti Nurdiati, MPH., Ph.D., Sp.OG (K), Director of Cochrane Indonesia
- dr Kristia Hermawan, MSc., SpA, Ph.D., Cochrane Indonesia
Date : Thursday, 10th November 2022
Time : 8:00 am – 4:00 pm WIB
Venue: Tahir Foundation Postgraduate Building
Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Fee : IDR 600.000
If you are interested in attending the workshop, please complete the registration form below: